RKCC PROFESSIONAL SPEAKING WORKSHOPS
Trainer: Dr. Richard Kallan
Style: Demonstration (40%), in-class exercises (40%), discussion (20%)
Participants: 18 maximum
Format: Choose either a one-day or two-day workshop. Each workshop normally runs 7 hours.
Day 1: PRINCIPLES OF PROFESSIONAL SPEAKING
Qualities of Professional Speaking
Why All Professional Speaking Is Persuasive
- Four Methods of Professional Speaking
- Confronting Anxiety: What Does Not Work
- Confronting Anxiety: What Does Work
- Structuring Professional Speeches
Creating Effective Introductions and Conclusions
Organizing Your Main Points and Subpoints
- Developing Your Outline
- Supporting Your Presentation
- Ensuring Audience Comprehension of Your Presentation
- Strategies Used by Successful Speakers
- EXERCISE: Informal Presentations
- Discussion and Analysis of Informal Presentations
DAY 2: PRACTICING PROFESSIONAL SPEAKING
- Workshopping of Formal Presentations by Participants and Instructor
Group Work by Participants
Coaching by Instructor
- EXERCISE: Formal Presentations on Work-related Topics
- Discussion and Analysis of Formal Presentations
Cost includes the fee for the workshop and normal travel expenses for the trainer. Prices quoted for workshops include all written materials given to participants. Call or e-mail for prices.
Two-day workshops or the same workshop repeated over consecutive days in the same city are discounted.
The total cost of all workshops will be determined and stated in advance.
Richard Kallan, Director
RKCC Speaking Workshops
560 Ricardo Avenue
Santa Barbara, CA 93109-1624